…the Best Year Ever!
Everyone around the world seems to be making a New Year’s resolution list.
I would love to. Then I realized that what I wanted to have as resolutions involved resolutions I wanted to see the natives I preside over adopt. That list might look like this (not necessarily in this order):
- Read more
- Eat less junk (and NOT in the living room)
- Listen to parents the FIRST time
- Locate and USE a laundry basket for dirty laundry (especially socks)
- Use respectful language (at least when in the earshot of the rest of us)
- Watch TV only as a last resort (NO it is NOT as essential as breathing)
- Make a mess of something….clean it up.
- Spend more time in physical pursuits (even if only housework)
- And for some that are of age…get a job!
Then after indulging myself in the notion that any of the inmates here might adopt any of these suggestions I come back to reality with a thud. Nah…it likely won’t happen. A few of the kids may make a few resolutions with the result that a few things may temporarily change for the better the week after New Years (or not)…and then forget it for the rest of the year.
Living with the gang I do here are some resolutions I SHOULD make:
- Drink alcohol more often
- Get sound proof headphones or turn the music up louder when the natives are squabbling
- Better understanding that prescription medication is underrated and copious amounts should be further investigated (immediately)
- Get better at appearing to be napping when my name is being hollered
- Don’t be too quick to get out of bed…some days would be better if they just did not happen
- When overwhelmed declare “Bedtime” even if the afternoon school bus has yet to arrive home
- Work on perfecting “distracted” to better facilitate desired state of “denial”
- Find and then use a magic wand (or find a way to let the kids think I have one that works)
This would be a great list if only I could remember what I was to be doing moment to moment. The only thing I really remember is the washing machine and when it is time to change over the load. I totally forget the rest as life races past in a blur. I kid you not…so far this week I have boiled 3 pots completely dry attempting to boil water for tea. I got distracted…somehow. I think the solution may be to switch to coffee and add Baileys!
In all seriousness I guess the only thing I can do is to change me.
So I BELIEVE that 2013 is going to be my best year ever.
Everything will work out. I will work on me to live my best life ever. With that I hope to again see special friends I care about, get into better shape …oh and hopefully make a million dollars (for real). I need to try to drink less diet coke (did I write that? I think I meant put MORE rum in it) probably eat more chocolate (yes…go BACK to the gym and face the TREADMILL [link takes you to previous post on that]) drink more (yes I know what you are thinking but NO) water. I will find the time to pray and read more. Another year yawns ahead of this goat and her journey over life’s mountains and molehills in 2013.
I hope all of you have a wonderful New Years and that 2013 is a memorable year for you and your family packed with an abundance of blessings.
The Garden Goat looking forward to the Best Year ever 2013!